Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crowder says he didn't sell jerseys as Gator

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder clarified comments he made on his radio show about "hypothetically" selling his jerseys when he played at the University of Florida, telling ESPN he did not sell any of his Gators uniforms while he was a college player.

"I was playing off the whole Terrelle Pryor thing where businessmen were buying his stuff," he said Tuesday in an interview with "SportsCenter."

Crowder created a media stir when he discussed the subject during the debut of his new two-hour weekly talk show on WQAM radio in Miami.

"I'll say hypothetically I don't have any more of my Florida jerseys," Crowder said Sunday. "There were some Jacksonville businessmen that really hypothetically liked my play."

However, he told ESPN on Tuesday he was just trying to make a point.

"When I was at Florida I made No. 5 a relevant jersey number at Florida, so why couldn't I sell my jersey while I was there with my name on the back?" he said.

He made it clear, however, that he didn't actually sell his jerseys while he played for the Gators. He was drafted by the Dolphins in 2005.

"I have all four of them," he said, referring to his home and road jerseys from the 2003 and 2004 seasons. He said his mother has two and he has the other two.

The University of Florida declined comment when contacted by The Associated Press on Monday.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin | Settlement Statement | WordPress Tutorials

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6713099&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Sam Bradford Eric Berry Tim Tebow Kyle Orton Demaryius Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment