Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Michael Irvin expresses concern for Dez Bryant

It wasn't that long ago ? February, in fact ? that Cowboys Hall of Famer Michael Irvin was making claims that Dez Bryant will be the best receiver in the NFL.

But now, in the wake of Angela D. Bryant's emotional 911 call regarding her son, football is the furthest thing from Irvin's mind when it comes to the Cowboys' third-year receiver.

That was evident Tuesday when Irvin brushed off NFL Network host Andrew Siciliano's question about whether or not Bryant was worth the off-the-field risk to the Cowboys.

"You guys want to talk about football, I want to tell you about the man," said Irvin, who works as an analyst for the league's network. "I don't care what the Dallas Cowboys think on this situation. I only want somebody to talk to Dez about figuring out how you get to the place where your mom is begging you to go home and not hit her. I don't care about anything else. That's serious stuff that we got to get to the bottom of."

Dez Bryant on Monday was arrested on domestic violence charges and is free on bond after the incident that took place in DeSoto, Texas.

On Tuesday, audio of his mother's 911 call was released, and in it she can be heard telling people in the room that her son "tried to kill me."

Moments later during the call, she tells somebody, "Babe, I can't keep letting him do this. ... I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today."

Irvin, who has expressed his fondness for Bryant in the past, didn't sound too surprised by news of his arrest.

"To say this is totally out of the realm of possibility I wouldn't be totally honest," Irvin said. "We know with Dez's background and his upbringing that he may have the proclivity to make some bad decisions. I had that proclivity. But to go this distance with it, is a bit far."

Irvin also said he hopes somebody will intervene to help Bryant with his anger management.



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin Wordpress | Android Forums | Wordpress Tutorials

Source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~r/UsatodaycomSports-TopStories/~3/aPoCmPH3bT0/1

Ryan Dungey Motocross Mick Fanning Surfer Garrett Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment