Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Michael Vick believes Eagles could be dynasty

Michael Vick is the latest Philadelphia Eagles quarterabck to make a bold offseason proclamation.

Last summer, it was backup Vince Young dubbing the Eagles a "dream team" during his introductory press conference.

Wednesday, Vick told CSNPhilly.com that he thinks the Eagles have the makings of a dynasty akin to the San Francisco 49ers of the 1980s and the Dallas Cowboys of the early '90s.

"When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there," Vick said.

"I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty."

Young's proclamation last year didn't really pan out for the Eagles, who needed four consecutive wins to end the season just to finish at 8-8.

Vick, entering his fourth season in Philadelphia, missed three games last season due to injury and is 15-9 as a starter for the Eagles.

Earlier this week, in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY Sports, Vick talked about coming to terms with his dogfighting past and moving on from his imprisonment and suspension from the league. Vick believes doing so will help make him a better person and NFL quarterback.

"I still feel good and I'm probably in better shape than most of the kids that come into the league because of my genetics and my body," Vick said. "I feel like there's a lot to accomplish and a lot to gain."

Vick's autobiography, which he began writing during his 21-month prison sentence, will be released Sept. 4, five days before the Eagles open the season.

In the book, excerpts from which Vick provided to USA TODAY Sports, Vick writes boldly about winning a Super Bowl for a Philadelphia franchise that hasn't won an NFL title since 1960.

"My story is not finished. I have more to do," he writes. "I am committed, focused and determined to win a Super Bowl with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"This is my promise. It is my drive. I will work like a champion to get there."



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin Wordpress | Android Forums | Wordpress Tutorials

Source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~r/UsatodaycomSports-TopStories/~3/HG0_OEQ-vAM/1

Indians Phillies Tigers Astros Brewers

No comments:

Post a Comment