Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dwight Gooden Reportedly Deserts Family

Filed under: Mets, Yankees, AL East, NL EastDwight Gooden, the former New York Mets and Yankees star, has abandoned his family and turned into a deadbeat dad, says his wife, Monique, according to a New York Post report.

Monique Gooden told the paper she has not seen Gooden since June 22. She said the former ace, who has been plagued by substance abuse problems for decades, left the her and their children -- 5-year-old old son Dylan and 4-month-old daughter Milan -- surviving on public assistance and food stamps.

"He's left us with no money," Monique Gooden told the Post. "When I got here to Maryland, I had to go apply for social services, food stamps and health insurance for the kids. He has offered no financial assistance to us."

Monique Gooden says the 1984 National League Rookie of the Year had been holed up in a hotel somewhere in New Jersey back in May.

The couple wed in January 2009, but Monique claims they haven't lived together since May 1, according to the report.

"You know what, right now I'm so stressed, I've been so stressed that every day has been a struggle for me," she told the paper. "I just want support for the kids at this time . . . I just want to take care of them."Pirates Padres American League National League

No comments:

Post a Comment