Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dolph Ziggler Looking Ahead to WWE SmackDown's Move to SyFy

Filed under: Pro WrestlingIn case you haven't heard, WWE "SmackDown" is on the move. Beginning on Friday night, the TV show will be airing on SyFy (8:00-10:00 p.m. ET) with the first program going live that night.

Among the wrestlers that will be featured is current WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler, one of the younger superstars making his way up the ladder in the company. He'll tell you he deserves it, too, as he's doesn't lack for confidence. He also believes he has worked hard to earn the spot, with even more coming his way in the future.

Recently, FanHouse spoke with Ziggler about the move of "SmackDown" to SyFy, working in WWE after being a lifelong wrestling fan, being in the Spirit Squad, and more.

Brian Fritz: Lately, you've really been on a roll on SmackDown. When was the first time you thought I've really made it?
Dolph Ziggler: Honestly, I've had a lot of goals my entire career and just getting signed to the WWE and to developmental and then getting called up to the main roster, those were all big goals. Actually, getting an Intercontinental Title match with Rey Mysterio last year was a big step for me. Wow, they think I can go with some of the best in the world and I'm more than happy to hold my own and delivering in all those Pay-Per-View matches against Rey Mysterio really made me feel like I belong and I was one of the roster.


It funny you say that because I really thought that's when things really began to click for you, too. What did it do for you and your confidence after the matches with Rey?
Being in the ring with Rey, it's hard to explain. That's one of the coolest things ever. I grew up watching that guy. He's still just as fast, just as cool and just as amazing now and I get a chance to be in there and I have a shot at winning his title. For your confidence, that's unreal that the company believes that you can go in there with him and possibly steal the show at Summerslam. And that's what we tried to do. I'm a perfectionist, so when I come back one thing will sit on my mind like I could have been a little better here or here. But watching that back, I actually went I'm pretty damn happy with that. I can build from here. I think I can be the Intercontinental Champion and one day a world champion.

Graeme McDowell Ravens Bengals Browns Patriots

No comments:

Post a Comment