Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shane Mosley, Sergio Mora Fight to Dubious Draw

Filed under: Golden Boy Promotions, HBO

Shane Mosley fought Sergio Mora for 12 mostly uneventful rounds Saturday night in Los Angeles, and the judges ruled the fight a draw, leaving some fans booing and some fans yawning, but very few cheering.

I scored the fight for Mosley, as did everyone on the HBO broadcast team commentating on the bout. How one judge gave it to Mora and another scored it a draw was hard to comprehend, but that's just what happened: Kermit Bayless 115-113 for Sergio Mora, David Denkin had it 116-112 for Mosley, Lou Moret had it 114-114 even for the 12-round draw.

FanHouse's round-by-round tabulator, Lem Satterfield, had it for Mosley, 115-113.

"You know what, I mean, Sergio fought a hard fight. I thought that maybe it would go my way. But a draw, you know, we both fought hard, so what can you say?" said Mosley. "I think that it was a good fight. Sergio is not a big puncher, so he had to box. And that was his main thing was to box, and move around and stuff like that. And I knew what my job was, but it was hard to get at him. I knew that he was moving pretty fast, but what do you say?"

Payton Manning Tom Brady Chad Ochocinco Donovan McNabb players association

No comments:

Post a Comment