Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lopresti: The Miami Heat have nothing but questions now

If LeBron James is one of the giants of his age, isn't it time he take his talents and save South Beach? Isn't that what Jordan would do?

How does Dwyane Wade answer the criticism from an horrific and stormy Game 3 - with purpose or pique? Strike back at the Indiana Pacers, or bicker with his coach, to again furnish 30 seconds for highlight shows everywhere?

Why is there any reason to believe the Heat's chances are not charbroiled, if they lose Game 4 here Sunday?

The Heat emerged from seclusion Saturday to both practice and talk. They are suddenly a beleaguered and doubted team, forced to answer with yes or no, until they can get back to the court to prove Indiana's 2-1 lead is a mirage. Or it isn't.

No, they said Saturday, there is no fallout from the Wade-Erik Spoelstra Game 3 timeout tussle.

Spoelstra: "The next timeout, everything was fine. ? The most important thing is, we both come from a place of purity. It's all about winning.

"That's the least of our concerns over the last two days.''

Wade: "Me and coach have been together for nine years in some capacity. We've had many different conversations, some like that, some not. It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

"No harm done. We're a family, we're a team ? We moved on from it. I don't know if everyone else did.''

Yes, everyone is expecting a Wade revival from a five-point Game 3 fizzle.

That apparently includes the coach of the Pacers, Frank Vogel spending much of his film session time Saturday showing his players past games of Wade torching the Indiana defense.

James: "I didn't have to say anything to him. I don't need to watch film with him or anything ? He's one of the best players we have in this league, so I'm not worried about it.''

No, Wade is not taken aback by the harsh reviews the past two days.

He took a quick trip Friday to Indiana University, to get away and have a chat with Tom Crean, the man who coached him at Marquette, and who he considers a father figure.

"It's always nice to hear a different (voice),'' Wade said.

"We've been dealing with storylines the last two seasons. Hey, it's my turn, it's my time. I'll accept it. I'm a grown man. I'm big enough to accept the praise and I'm big enough to accept when it's not coming. My head stays high.''

And his refusal to blame any physical issues stays firm. "I never will do that.''

So he trusts his body is up to it? "I have no other choice but to.''

Yes, the Pacers are getting a tad rambunctious.

Danny Granger mentioned Saturday how he is not going to back down against James' aura, and reserve Lance Stephenson had to apologize to his coach for flashing the choke sign when James missed a free throw in Game 3.

No, James would not get exercised by either.

On Granger: "I'm not no monster. This ain't no horror movie. I'm not trying to scare anybody. I'm trying to play basketball. He' s hyping himself up.''

On Stephenson: " I'm not going to stoop down to - Lance Stephenson? You guys want me to quote about Lance Stephenson? I'm not even going to give him the time.''

Yes, they know they must play better. Rapidly.

The Pacers have pounded them on the boards - 102-76 in rebounds the past two games - and forced them into a 3-point funk. The Heat are 5-for-42 in three-pointers in the series, which is 11.9%, which won't beat anybody.

No, James is not feeling any undue pressure.

"There's always a big responsibility on me, every time I step on the floor. So it doesn't change for me.''

Yes it does change, if the Heat continue to slide. Saving the day is what guys on his level are supposed to do.

James turned to go, but had one last statement.

"Lance Stephenson?"

That's the Miami Heat right now. Nothing but questions.



Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed | Amazon Plugin Wordpress | Android Forums | Wordpress Tutorials

Source: http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/~r/UsatodaycomSports-TopStories/~3/WtN9JiAFi7s/1

players association David Stern Cliff Lee Shaun Rogers Michael Vick

No comments:

Post a Comment