Friday, January 21, 2011

Teemu Selanne Piling Up Milestones

Filed under: ,

One of the first unofficial rules of sportswriting is: there are much better angles than an athlete saying he's just having fun.

But Teemu Selanne's case is an exception. When he says he's having fun, he really means it.

"I've been feeling really good," said Selanne. "The groin has been bothering me a little bit, but I'm an old guy. But when I've been healthy, I've really enjoyed the game, and that's the whole point."

The Finnish Flash recorded his 1,300th career point by scoring two goals in a victory over Edmonton on Sunday. He is only 26 back of former Buffalo Sabres star Gilbert Perreault in the race for 32nd place among hundreds of all-time NHL scorers.

Selanne's point total this season, 41, is only one numeral higher than his age, 40. He sits second in Ducks scoring behind Corey Perry, who was 7 years old when the Helsinki broke into the NHL in 1992.

"If somebody told me 15 years ago that I would play at age 40, I would say, call the doctor," said Selanne.

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/20/teemu-selanne-piling-up-milestones/

Garrett Reynolds BMX Sam Bradford Eric Berry Tim Tebow

No comments:

Post a Comment