Monday, January 31, 2011

One-Armed Kevin Laue an NCAA Basketball Inspiration to All

Filed under:

Kevin Laue

RIVERDALE, N.Y. -- Kevin Laue was 10 years old the day his father died, ending the gut-wrenching torment the two endured -- a cancerous brain tumor that painfully sucked the life from a big, vibrant man and traumatized the son, robbing him of his innocence and a bond he desperately needed.
If only dad could see him now.

A decade later, Laue has grown into one of America's most inspirational stories, overcoming a serious birth defect to become the first and the only NCAA Division I basketball player with one hand.

He's become something the father never thought possible.

"It's a difficult subject now, but I would have loved to have my father here to see me play -- just one game, any game -- so he could see what I've done,'' Laue told FanHouse recently. "All I can do now is hope that he would be proud of me, and what I've become."

Source: http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/31/one-armed-kevin-laue-an-ncaa-basketball-inspiration-to-all/

National League Red Sox Blue Jays Royals Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment