Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Indiana's Larry Bird Eager to Make Big Trade, Undecided on Future

Filed under: ,

Larry BirdLarry Bird was one of the best clutch players the game ever has seen. So with Bird perhaps being in the final months of his three decades in the NBA, wouldn't Bird look for a final shot?

Of course.

With expiring contracts of Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.5 million) and Jeff Foster ($6.66 million), Indiana is finally in position this summer to have oodles of cap room. But Bird, the Pacers president, said his preference is to use his assets to swing a deal by the Feb. 24 trade deadline to acquire a key player.

"I would do that,'' Bird, 54, who is contemplating retiring from the NBA after this season, said in an interview with FanHouse. "I've got my draft choice (a 2011 first-round pick). The thing I always say is, 'Do you save it and see what the rules are (under a new collective bargaining agreement) or do you use it?' But, if get that opportunity, I'm going to use it (by the trade deadline). ... Do you wait or do you do it? I've made my mind up and I've talked to (Pacers owner Herb) Simon about it, and I've told him what I want to do, if we can get a good player.''

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/24/indianas-larry-bird-eager-to-make-big-trade-undecided-on-futur/

National League Red Sox Blue Jays Royals Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment