Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Herschel Walker Ponders NFL Comeback

Filed under: , , ,

Herschel WalkerHerschel Walker has already had many diverse chapters in a fascinating sports life. He was one of the greatest college football players of all time while at the University of Georgia, an NFL star, an Olympic bobsledder, and most recently, he's dabbled as a mixed martial artist.

But at 48 years old, Walker is still looking to athletically challenge himself, and his latest thought is a doozy: he's considering an NFL comeback.

"I know I can play," Walker said on a Monday conference call that was intended to promote his Jan. 29 Strikeforce MMA match. "If I continue to stay in the shape I'm in now, I know I can play when I'm 50. Right now, if you asked if I can play today, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind I can play football today, that I can help out a team today.

"I 100 percent guarantee you I can help a football team out," Walker continued.

Walker, who is 1-0 in mixed martial arts and will face Scott Carson in San Jose, Calif., said his MMA training has him in better shape than when he was in his 20s, when he was wowing crowds in the USFL and later, the NFL.

He said that as recently February 2010, he ran a 40-yard dash in 4.38 or 4.39.

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/24/at-48-herschel-walker-ponders-nfl-comeback/

Dan Gilbert Kobe Bryant LA Lakers Boston Celtics 76ers

No comments:

Post a Comment