Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tyson Chandler Pumped About Good Team, Good Health, Next Contract

Filed under: MavericksORLANDO, Fla. -- Mavericks center Tyson Chandler hasn't been this fired up about basketball since he joined the league out of high school in 2001.

Motivation will not be a problem.

"There are a lot of things I'll be feeding off this season," Chandler told FanHouse Wednesday afternoon before the Dallas-Orlando exhibition game. "The timing is perfect for me. I have a rare opportunity in front of me. I hope to take advantage of it."

Chandler, whose career has been marked mostly by talent underutilized and disappointing finishes, is beginning the final year of his contract before he hits free agency.

He is healthier than he has been for some time. He is playing with a legitimate championship contender for the first time. And he is still on a high from his USA World Championship team experience this summer.

"I know what I'm playing for this season. I'm a lot more focused early," he said. "And it has upped my enthusiasm. I feel like this is the most important season (of my career.)"

Redskins Lions Falcons Panthers Texans

No comments:

Post a Comment